About Daily Bread Matching Grants
"And taking the five loaves and the two fish, [Jesus] looked up to heaven, and blessed and broke them, and gave them to the disciples to set before the crowd. And all ate and were filled. What was left over was gathered up, twelve baskets of broken pieces" (Luke 9:16-17).
As part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America's (ELCA) response to the COVID-19 pandemic, ELCA congregations can now raise funds for their feeding ministries through ELCA World Hunger’s Daily Bread Matching Grants.
Ninety-six percent of ELCA congregations participate in some form of feeding ministry, from community meals to food pantries and more — truly providing daily bread. With COVID-19 drastically impacting the reality of how we address hunger, support for these ministries is more vital than ever before. As congregations feed their neighbors, ELCA World Hunger is committed to journeying with and supporting your ministry through Daily Bread Matching Grants.
How it works
In just a few weeks’ time you can access $1,000 or more for your ministry. Using ELCA World Hunger’s user-friendly online fundraising tool, you will invite your congregation and network to support your ministry through ELCA World Hunger. To help drive your campaign, the funds you raise will be matched by ELCA World Hunger with a grant of $500.
- Step 1: Apply to be part of ELCA World Hunger's Daily Bread Matching Grants today!
- Step 2: If your application is approved, you will be invited to set up your fundraising page. Set a fundraising goal of $500 or more to match the $500 Daily Bread Matching Grant you will receive from ELCA World Hunger.
- Step 3: Raise funds, secure multiple donors, reach or surpass your goal and get a $500 Daily Bread Matching Grant from ELCA World Hunger. Invite your network of supporters to give to your online fundraising campaign.
- Step 4: Celebrate! God is up to amazing things! Let's celebrate.
- Registration open: April 25 – May 2.
- Fundraisng Period: June 3 – June 26
We are church together, working toward a just world where all are fed.
Working with and through ELCA congregations in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, plus Lutheran churches overseas and other partners, ELCA World Hunger is uniquely positioned to reach communities in need. From health clinics to microloans, from water wells to animal husbandry, and from community meals to advocacy, ELCA World Hunger supports sustainable solutions that get at the root causes of hunger and poverty.