Welcome to the application page for ELCA World Hunger's Daily Bread Matching Grants!
Applications for the current grant cycle are now closed. If you would like to receive information on the next round of grants, please email email@example.com indicating your interest.
ELCA World Hunger's Daily Bread Matching Grants support congregations and their partners as they work toward a just world where all are fed. Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) congregations with feeding ministries are eligible to participate. In this round, approximately 50 grants are available to eligible ministries.
Once your application has been approved, you will be able to invite your congregation, networks and friends to donate. to kickstart your campaign, the funds you raise will be matched by ELCA World Hunger with a grant of $500.
Before you get started, check out the following information to find out if you are eligible for a Daily Bread Matching Grant and what you will need to apply.
ELCA World Hunger Daily Bread Matching Grant applicants must be:
- a congregation affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA);
- willing to utilize the ELCA's online giving platform for this fundraiser;
- able to use funds for the purpose of alleviating hunger in their community.
Given the priority areas described above, ELCA World Hunger especially seeks to support minstries that are members of ELCA ethnic-specific and multi-cultural ministries or are priority congregations as identified by synods.
What you'll need to apply
*REGISTRATION AND APPLICATION EXTENDED THROUGH MAY 14TH.
Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to apply, you will first need to register at https://elca.fluxx.io. Registration will open April 26th. Once your registration has been approved or if you are already in the system, you will be able to log in and complete your application through ELCA Grantmaker. The application will also open April 26th and close on May 14th. Download this guide for tips on how to navigate the registration and application process. To get started:
- You will be asked to provide your congregation's contact information and federal tax ID number when registering.
- Be prepared to provide a current letter verifying your congregation’s 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. Note: If your congregation is part of the ELCA's group ruling and needs a copy of your verification letter, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your congregation name, city, state, zip code and EIN.
- Applications must be submitted by a member of your congregation's leadership or with full approval from your congregation's leadership.